Minimum course requirements:
- Be 19 years of age or older
- High school diplomma or GED*
- Ability to complete university level coursework that incorporates extensive reading, homework, papers, quizzes, tests, lessons plans, and student teaching/observation (practicum).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intensive nature of the course and be able to explain your motivation to become a TEFL teacher. (See the Statement of Intent below)
(*) Although it is not compulsory for applicants to possess a University degree to enroll in our program, many foreign countries prefer that their TEFL teachers have a college/university degree.
Non-native English Speakers
Applications are welcomed regardless of first language, race or nationality. Applicants must have a C1 level of English proficiency (based on the CEFR), evidence of study at a higher education level (work experience may be accepted in place of academic achievements) and an understanding of the intensive nature of the course.
How to Enroll
- Complete the short enrollment form below.
- We will then send you an application to complete which will include your Statement of Intent and a homestay questionnaire. The Statement of Intent should be a maximum of 500 words in which you explain why you would like to study TEFL. This statement will be used to gauge your understanding of the intensive nature of the course and your motivation (see our Entry Requirements above). Once you have submitted your complete application you will be notified by email of your approval.
- If successful in your enrollment we will contact you with details of how to pay your non-refundable deposit of US$500 via PayPal, which is due immediately.
- When your deposit is received, you will be sent relevant course materials so that you can read and familiarize yourself with the course content prior to the commencement of your course. You will also be sent a Welcome Information Pack with all of the important information you need for your course & your stay in the Galapagos.
- The remaining balance of your course fee is paid in cash upon arrival. Any additional costs of living while on island will be the responsibility of the course participant.